Olive oil is a natural flavor enhancer, meaning it will make your tomatoes taste better, your salads taste fresher, and your steaks taste richer. Don’t believe me? Try this fun experiment: Chop up a tomato, cucumber or even an apple and divide between two plates. Leave one plain and the other, drizzle with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Taste the plain tomato, cucumber or apple first, then go ahead, try the one with one of our Extra Virgin Olive Oils. Now doesn’t that taste better? You’ll find it makes the apple taste sweeter and the tomato and cucumber taste richer.
Pasolivo award winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil is for people who appreciate quality. You wouldn’t drink bad wine and you shouldn’t use poor quality olive oil. However, unlike wine, olive oil should not be aged, but enjoyed daily starting with breakfast all the way through dessert.
- Drizzle in the pan before you make your scrambled eggs, omelet or fried egg, it will make the eggs taste heavenly. Drizzle a little over the top of your eggs before serving.
- Mix with a little honey and drizzle on your morning toast for a healthy start to the day.
- For a mid-morning snack, use it on your homemade granola or oatmeal or make up a quick hummus by blending olive oil, garbanzo beans, lemon juice and garlic.
- For lunch it is obviously the star ingredient in your salad vinaigrette, try a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons of Pasolivo Balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Use this for your salads or cooked vegetables. For something with a little more punch, try 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 minced garlic clove, salt, pepper and 6 tablespoons Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use this with salads, cooked vegetables or as a marinade for chicken, beef, pork, fish or vegetables. Or better yet, double or triple the recipes and keep your own bottle to use throughout the week.
- Give your sandwich a flavor makeover by using Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzled on your bread instead of mayonnaise.
- Make happy hour happier and add 2 tablespoons of Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil to your Tomato Salsa, Guacamole, Mango Salsa, or Citrus Salsa.
- Elevate your cheese platter. Slice a handful of grapes in half and place in a bowl. Drizzle with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Gently toss and pour over Fresh mozzarella or goat cheese or a wedge of brie or your favorite Manchego and enjoy all of the flavor explosions.
- For dinner, sauté your vegetables in a large sauté pan with a drizzle of Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then move them to a plate and add a little more olive oil and cook a filet of fish or chicken breast. Remove and deglaze the pan with a little balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, return the fish or chicken to the pan, for a healthy one-pot meal.
- Finish your steaks or any meat, chicken or fish for that matter with a drizzle just as you would add a little salt to bring out the natural goodness in your food.
- Pair Sundried tomatoes, capers, Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil with seared scallops, fish or chicken.
- Sauté mushrooms and shallots until caramelized and tender and add Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive oil and some parmesan for some extra umami goodness.
- Make Mediterranean Style Garlic Mashed Potatoes with potatoes, minces garlic, Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and a little vegetable or chicken broth.
- Glaze carrots with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, honey and cardamom or mint.
- Sauté or roast broccoli with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil and add feta.
- Cauliflower with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, sage and parmesan is a healthy low carb side dish.
- Boil Fingerling Potatoes and green beans and when tender, toss with garlic and Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, finish with some parmesan cheese for a great side dish or pot-luck dish.
- Roast sweet potatoes, peel and mash with Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, nutmeg and curry powder for a rich and savory side dish.
- Finally, for dessert, olive oil has been used for centuries in Mediterranean cuisine to make cookies and cakes. Replace other fats in your baking recipes and reduce cholesterol and saturated fats in your diet.
- Make a chocolate sauce for ice cream and desserts or for dipping pretzels, potato chips or strawberries! Melt 6 ounces of chocolate with 2 tablespoons Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and a few pinches of salt.
- Add it to apple sauce instead of butter for a healthy and flavorful dessert or snack.
Go beyond the sipping, salads and dipping and make Pasolivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil a star ingredient in every meal. Extra Virgin Olive Oil should be an ingredient not an afterthought in your recipes. Its flavor should be as good and powerful as the other ingredients.