Here comes Halloween! As much as we love candy and sweet treats, here’s another way to celebrate the holiday. This Forbidden Rice Salad not only features Halloween colors, but also embraces the best of Fall flavors; butternut squash, grains, pecans, and more.
• 1 cup Forbidden Black Rice (uncooked), cook according to package directions
• 2 cups roasted, cubed butternut squash
• 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
• 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
• 1/4 cup parsley
• 1/2 cup diced carrots (optional)
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1/2 cup Pasolivo Lemon Olive Oil
• 1/2 cup Pasolivo Sparkling Citrus Vinegar
• 1 Tbsp Pasolivo Dolce Garlic Mustard
• Pinch of Pasolivo Kosher Flake Sea Salt
• Pinch of pepper
Combine cooled Forbidden Black rice, cooled butternut squash cubes, pomegranate, goat cheese, parsley, carrots, and chopped pecans.
Thoroughly mix dressing, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle rice salad with dressing. Serve cool.