1/2 c All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Pasolivo Pacific Blue Kosher Sea Salt
2 Eggs at Room Temperature
1/4 c Sugar
5 T Melted and Cooled butter (extra butter to grease pan)
2 tsp Brown Sugar
1 1/4 tsp Pasolivo Orange Blossom Honey
1/2 teaspoon Pasolivo Lemon Olive Oil
Zest from 1 Lemon
Powdered Sugar to decorate
- In a medium sized bowl whisk flour/ Baking Powder and Salt – Set Aside
- Whisk the Eggs and granulated Sugar in electric stand mixer. Mix on medium-high speed for 1 – 2 minutes. For 2 more minutes whisk on high and until the pale & doubles in volume approximately for 4 minutes.
- Melt Butter with Brown Sugar, Honey and Lemon Olive Oil in a small saucepan over medium till Sugar is dissolved and is homogeneous then remove from heat.
- Add warmed Butter mixture into batter then fold in dry ingredients in two batches into batter until everything is completely blended.
- Cover Batter with plastic wrap and and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the Madeleine pan with butter. Freeze the pan to harden the butter.
- Pipe or spoon the batter into the Madeleine molds.
- Bake 8-9 minutes… After 5 minutes remove Madeleines from the pan and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Decorate with powdered sugar
- Madeleines are best the day they are baked, but can be stored in a covered container for up to 1 day.