Pasolivo has created an easy recipe guide for families celebrating Easter at home this year. Start your holiday feast off right with a fresh Spring Herb Dip, which pairs perfectly with carrots and cucumbers. Our Apples & Greens Salad is another light appetizer that’s a breeze to put together. For the main dish, there’s nothing more comforting than a Tuscan Chicken Pot Pie which is sure to bring the whole family together for a memorable moment. However, you’ll want to save room for dessert. Local chef Maegen Loring has developed a spring Citrus Olive Oil Roussanne Cake topped with fresh fruit, honey and a heavy whipping cream mousse. You can find these simple and quick step-by-step recipes below.
Spring Herb Dip
This fresh Spring Herb Dip goes great with sliced vegetables or chips. It’s a perfect appetizer to keep your guests snacking while you prepare a salad and the main dish. Enjoy!
- 8 oz (1 cup) sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Pasolivo Roasted Garlic Sea Salt, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp Pasolivo Lemon Olive Oil
- 1-2 tsp Pasolivo Spring Blend
Mix all ingredients together and taste for seasoning. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Makes about 1 cup. Best if prepared a few hours ahead or overnight.
*Make-ahead method: Double or triple the recipe as desired. Extra can be used for fish, vegetables, chicken or chips.
Apples & Greens Salad
This Apples & Greens Salad is worth the trip to the local farmer’s market! Crisp apples, fresh greens and California Blend Olive Oil makes this salad perfect for a healthy side dish.
- 3 Tbsp Pasolivo California Blend Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar or Pasolivo Winter Ambrosia Vinegar
- 2 tsp minced shallots
- 1 tsp Orange Blossom Honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 apple, cored and sliced into wedges (It’s important to use a really tasty apple here. If you have a produce stand or farmer’s market, it’s worth the trip.)
- 8 handsful of salad mix (preferably baby greens)
- 1/3 cup blue or feta cheese
- In a salad bowl, whisk together Pasolivo California Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, shallots and honey.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before adding the apples and dressing. Toss in the greens and sprinkle with cheese.
Tuscan Chicken Pot Pie
Nothing more comforting than a homemade pot pie. This delicious, perfectly crisp pot pie features Pasolivo Rosemary Olive Oil and Pasolivo Roasted Garlic Sea Salt, and Pasolivo Tuscan Blend.
- 2 unbaked 9″ pie crusts
- 1 1/2 cup steamed or roasted vegetables (any mix of carrots, peas, potatoes, corn, etc.)
- 1/3 cup Pasolivo Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped small
- 1/2 tsp Pasolivo Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp Pasolivo Tuscan Blend
- 2 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare 9″ glass pie plate with the bottom crust. Steam or roast vegetables to desired tenderness. Warm 1/3 cup Pasolivo Rosemary Olive Oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and Pasolivo Roasted Garlic Sea Salt. Cook until onion is translucent, about 2-5 minutes. Whisk in flour until smooth, and slowly add chicken broth and milk while whisking. Continue to cook until bubbly and thickened, about 2-5 minutes. Stir in pepper and Pasolivo Tuscan Blend. Stir in chicken, artichoke hearts, and vegetables. Remove from heat and stir in the parmesan cheese. Pour chicken mix into crust, top with the second crust, pinching edges to seal. Then cut several slits into the top crust to vent. Bake 30-35 minutes until crust is browned and filling is hot. Let sit 10 minutes before serving. To serve, drizzle each piece with Pasolivo Rosemary Olive Oil and salt to taste.
Citrus Olive Oil Roussanne Cake
Local chef Maegen Loring really values fresh ingredients and uses our Citrus Olive Oil in an amazing way for this excellent Easter cake recipe.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Pasolivo Citrus Olive Oil
- 1 cup Rousanne wine
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream
- Honey to taste
- Seasonal fruit, sliced, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans. In a mixer, beat sugar and eggs together for 30 seconds. Add Pasolivo Citrus Olive Oil, wine, vanilla and dry ingredients and beat for 1 minute. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes.
Let cake cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing. Then turn them onto racks to finish cooling. Serve with a mousse of heavy whipping cream and honey, and top with sliced seasonal fruit.
To find other great Pasolivo recipes, click here.